[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7905G Power over Ethernet - does it work?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Oct 25 01:42:28 MST 2005

Perhaps this question should be directed to Cisco support, but since
these guys made me nuts ("please check that your cable is plugged in
correctly" etc.), I thought I'd ask here.

We bought a Cisco 7905G phone, which boasts to have PoE (Power over
Ethernet) support.

We have a Netgear FS108P PoE switch, which works with other PoE devices,
but not with this Cisco phone.
I searched the voip wiki - http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Cisco+POE - and
found a suggestions to reverse some cables in the ethernet wire.

So I did, but Cisco 7905G phone still doesn't power up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this phone work with a
PoE switch?

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org