[Asterisk-Users] Hardware setup question

Juan Janczuk jjanczuk at seetek.com.ar
Mon Oct 24 07:09:15 MST 2005

-----Mensaje original-----
De: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]En nombre de Robert Webb
Enviado el: Domingo, 23 de Octubre de 2005 06:24 p.m.
Para: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Asunto: [Asterisk-Users] Hardware setup question

I have just a quick setup question about how some of you
have hardware setup.

Basically, for a system that has an average volumes of
calls in an office setting, are you using one or two
network cards. I am just wondering if it owuld be any
advantage to having one NIC for the extensions and one NIC
for your trunks.

Robert

Hi, Robert.

I have 2 nic's, but not divided as you mention.
As my server is serving phones on the LAN and WAN sides, I have a nic for
the internal network, and another nic for the internet side.
The internal one, manages only phones (Hardware SIP phones in my case), and
the external is managing IAX trunks (Test trunks, up to now), and external
hardware SIP phones connected via VPN.

Hope this help.
Juan.