[Asterisk-Users] You ASKED for an Asterisk book, you GOT an Asterisk book!

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Oct 23 22:03:36 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 01:00 -0400, Leif Madsen wrote:
> However, I was basically just erring on the side of caution --
> re-distribution of the works is permitted (this is why we are allowed
> to have so many mirrors!). I would assume repackaging of the work
> would be considered part of the "redistribution" aspect of that
> allowance.
>
> And this should be why I am allowed to create a single PDF of the file
> to be distributed to our mirrors (which btw, I have done, so once the
> mirrors are updated, you will be able to get the file in a single PDF
> as opposed to multiple, individual chapters).
>
> Hope that makes everyone happy :)

While the most important person to make happy is O'Reilly, I cant
imagine they would have a problem with this.  But having everything as a
single pdf (which anyone could have done themselves since there are so
many tools to do this) I think is slightly better.  Searching is easier
when you can search the whole thing instead of chapter by chapter.  Plus
is makes it easier to put it on my PDA :)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378