[Asterisk-Users] Modem Over IP: solutions ?

Carlos carlos at race.com
Sat Oct 22 15:11:55 MST 2005

Hey jean,

I have had to deal with the same situation many times what we have come to
the conclusion is you can actully get them to work only under the 4-2
signaling that the alarm companys use.  Just about all alarms now are set to
use contact id which we have found out that we send the data ok but we don't
get a kiss back telling the alarm to silent.  Note the different between 4-2
and contact id are 4-2 basically calls and says there is a issue here.
Contact id will call and say there is an issue on the 4th floor room 410
closet.  Basically with contact id you get spacifics of the issue.  Note set
the alarm speed to as low as possible.  And in some cases the alarm comapnys
are ass's and wont change it to 4-2 because they have to re id everything.
Oh yea and when testing make sure you call the alarm company and put it in
test mode the fire dept dosnt exactly like it when the get false calls.

Carlos Alcantar
Race Technologies, Inc.
101 Haskins Way
South San Francisco, CA 94080