[Asterisk-Users] Modem Over IP: solutions ?

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sat Oct 22 12:59:00 MST 2005

Hi,

I have a potential client who has legacy alarm systems which use modems
to transmit encoded data to a remote location through the PSTN. They
wish to replace the 'PSTN' bit with an IP link.

I am aware that it would be best if the data was transmitted directly
over IP rather than modulated and then sent on the internet, but that is
not possible because of the legacy equipment.

I was wondering if there was some specialized ATAs of some kind that
would do TDMoIP and which could be used for this purpose?

Link latency is about 300ms with no more than 10ms jitter. If you have a
solution please let me know!

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.