[Asterisk-Users] Goiax.com DID not working anymore?

Michael W. Oliver michael at gargantuan.com
Fri Oct 21 12:20:08 MST 2005

On 2005-10-21T09:46:28-0700, Luki wrote:
>> When I make a call out form the 1st to GoIAX and into my 2nd box,
>> I see this "Oct 21 13:46:39 NOTICE[4948]: Rejected connect attempt
>> from 204.13.233.114" which in other words mean that the call comes
>> in but nothing happens to it.
>
> Not quite. It means YOU rejected it. You need to have a section in
> iax.conf with your IAX username, so like this:
>
> [878201001258]   ;inbound
> type=user
> context=ext-did
> host=server1.goiax.com
>
> This will only accept calls from server1.goiax.com with username
> 878201001258. You could remove the host=server1.goiax.com to make it
> more open and accept calls from other hosts for that username.
>
> BTW, I never tried the above config...

The point here is to make sure that your [....] entry in iax.conf (or
whatever included file you are using) is your actual goiax.com account
number, not something like [goiax-in].  I had initially tried something
like what is shown in:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-October/130040.html

but it didn't work for inbound calls.  The `/goiax-in' at the end of the
`register' line blew up, so I removed it and found another reference to
creating a second stanza/section/group/whatever in iax.conf for the
inbound case, and then yet another reference indicating that the `Reject
connect attempt' message was caused by the inbound section being called
[goiax-in] instead of the correct [878201001031].

It could be that Bret's instructions (above link) are correct for some
CVS HEAD and/or 1.2-beta version, but I am using the FreeBSD port, so I
wouldn't know.

I hope that this helps someone.

--
Mike Oliver
[see complete headers for contact information]