[Asterisk-Users] Custom handling of SIP 302 redirect?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 06:36:02 MST 2005

Hi,

I have noticed that when a SIP redirect is sent back to Asterisk by a
SIP peer, that Asterisk will (quite appropriately) do a
Dial(LOCAL/redirect-number) in the context of the original callee.

It also forks the CDR, which is excellent. Sadly, under these
circumstances, I need to alter the caller-ID to be a valid value, set
the 'src' to be the correct extension no., and set the accountcode to
something recognisable as an outbound call by that user.

Is there a way of determining in the dialplan that a call is a
redirect, and what the original call destination was? Perhaps it is
possible to override the context used to make a redirect call???

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,
Steve Davies