[Asterisk-Users] merchant account

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Oct 20 23:02:36 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 22:52 -0700, snacktime wrote:
> When you say software for the gateways, you mean you integrated with
> third party software that connected to one of the processing networks?
> Do you remember the name of the network that was used?  I guess there
> could be a network that checks the name, but I'd have to see it to
> believe it.   Vital, Firstdata, Global Payments, Paymentech, Nova..
> None of those are capable of checking the cardholder name.  And
> together they probably make up over 95% of all card processing in the
> US.

I worked for trintech in 2000-2001, they write software for gateways and
banks.  They directly connected to visa, mastercard, amex, etc.  They
wrote software to provide a variety of services, including software
directly for card backers (note visa and mastercard dont actually issue
any cards, its underlying banks that do, but they were some of our
customers).

I do know that the majority of checks on address that are done are the
numeric portion of the street address and zip code only.  So 123 main
street postal code 12345 matches 123 spring street in the same postal
code.  But the requirements that were passed to us from the major cards
were to do name checks as well.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378