[Asterisk-Users] merchant account

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Oct 20 21:08:42 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 00:03 -0400, Jon Pounder wrote:
> another option is 900 service, then you don't have to worry about
> creditcards at all.

You are right I wouldnt,. I would however have to worry about people
claiming they didnt make the call or it was from an unauthorized person
and then having to send out armies of collection agents to get the
money.  This is basically what killed most 900 numbers in america in the
90s.

> iBill used to have something called web900 where you phoned and got a
> generic token to use on the web, you could just accept those tokens (just
> a number) and not deal with the 900 part at all. Basically they issue you
> a file with tokens and you just erase them as they get redeemed, when you
> need more, you get a new file from them. (iBill is adult friendly btw,
> porn is their bread and butter)

Yeah stuff like that has been around since the 80s, people running
majorbbs used that for pay services there.  However this customer wanted
something all in house.  There are merchant accounts that have fees
below 2%, granted those typically require more information to be
provided to offset potential fraudulent transactions.

I  have done merchant stuff via web based applciations in the past and
it looks like that is what its going to take in this instance.  I will
have to discuss it with this customer and see what they want to do.
Since they want to incorporate certain features that require internet
access a webpage shouldnt be too much of a problem.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378