[Asterisk-Users] merchant account

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Thu Oct 20 21:03:24 MST 2005

> On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 23:07 -0400, Jon Pounder wrote:
>> my suggestion is to issue your own "cards" even if they don't physically
>
> not an option, the customer that is needed this is setting up an adult
> service and he believes that since its just for adult entertainment that
> no one will front the money to have a prepaid account like that.  He
> doesnt trust the girls so he doesnt want them to have access to any of
> the billing information.
>
> While not all merchant accounts support adult services, enough do that
> if anyone said they had one that worked with phone only interfaces I
> would investigate, its starting to look like the person will have to
> signup online and all that.  Which isnt a bad thing since it does
> involve some online aspects in addition to voice.

another option is 900 service, then you don't have to worry about
creditcards at all.

iBill used to have something called web900 where you phoned and got a
generic token to use on the web, you could just accept those tokens (just
a number) and not deal with the 900 part at all. Basically they issue you
a file with tokens and you just erase them as they get redeemed, when you
need more, you get a new file from them. (iBill is adult friendly btw,
porn is their bread and butter)

> --
> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com     Bret McDanel
> UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
> US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
> FreeWorldDialup: 635378

Jon Pounder

   _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com