[Asterisk-Users] Digium TDM400P (11B) problems

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Oct 19 18:42:12 MST 2005

> I just got a new TDM11B card to replace an old X100P card and the FXS
> port on it works great. However I can't get the FXO port to function.
>
> Asterisk will answer an incoming call but I can only hear noise
> (almost like a modem squelch) down the line, and Asterisk doesn't
> seem to receive any DTMF tones either. I also can't dial out over the
> FXO port, Asterisk reports it's connected to the SIP client but
> nothing seems to happen, the card doesn't even send any DTMF tones.
>
> Does this sound like a faulty card/module? or a configuration error?
>
> Configuration data below:
>
> hacienda:~# cat /etc/zaptel.conf
> fxols=1
> fxsls=4
> loadzone=nz
> defaultzone=nz
>
> hacienda:~# cat /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
> [channels]
> language=en
>
> signalling=fxo_ls
> context=default
> group=1
> channel => 1
>
> signalling=fxs_ls
> context=from-pstn
> callerid=asreceived
> group=2
> channel => 4
>
> hacienda:~# cat /proc/zaptel/1
> Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1"
>
>             1 WCTDM/0/0 FXOLS
>             2 WCTDM/0/1
>             3 WCTDM/0/2
>             4 WCTDM/0/3 FXSLS
>

> dmesg:
> PCI: Found IRQ 12 for device 0000:00:0a.0
> Freshmaker version: 71
> Freshmaker passed register test
> Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
> Module 1: Not installed
> Module 2: Not installed
> Adjusting gain
> Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (NEWZEALAND mode)
> Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (2 modules)

Assuming you copy/pasted the above accurately, the output
from dmesg is missing the stuff related to Module 4. You might
also try zttool to see what it thinks is going on.

I'd suggest calling digium support and let them lead you through
the diagnoses.

You can truly contact them through the Demo function contained
in the sample config files (over the Internet).