[Asterisk-Users] Digium TDM400P (11B) problems

Philip Murray pmurray at nevada.net.nz
Wed Oct 19 17:20:39 MST 2005

Hi,

I just got a new TDM11B card to replace an old X100P card and the FXS
port on it works great. However I can't get the FXO port to function.

Asterisk will answer an incoming call but I can only hear noise
(almost like a modem squelch) down the line, and Asterisk doesn't
seem to receive any DTMF tones either. I also can't dial out over the
FXO port, Asterisk reports it's connected to the SIP client but
nothing seems to happen, the card doesn't even send any DTMF tones.

Does this sound like a faulty card/module? or a configuration error?

Configuration data below:

hacienda:~# cat /etc/zaptel.conf
fxols=1
fxsls=4
loadzone=nz
defaultzone=nz

hacienda:~# cat /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
language=en

signalling=fxo_ls
context=default
group=1
channel => 1

signalling=fxs_ls
context=from-pstn
callerid=asreceived
group=2
channel => 4

hacienda:~# cat /proc/zaptel/1
Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1"

            1 WCTDM/0/0 FXOLS
            2 WCTDM/0/1
            3 WCTDM/0/2
            4 WCTDM/0/3 FXSLS

dmesg:
PCI: Found IRQ 12 for device 0000:00:0a.0
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 1: Not installed
Module 2: Not installed
Adjusting gain
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (NEWZEALAND mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (2 modules)

Cheers
Phil Murray