[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom IP501 and record on demand

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Wed Oct 19 12:49:09 MST 2005

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
> That is perfect for one-button remaps! I guess I migrated away from
> one-button features in * but I see the light now.

Yeah, I have this working for one button remaps (remapping to the
transfer button to #) but I never got the SpeedDial trick working.
Could you resend me your exact <keys  line for the SpeedDial hack?  When
I do it it remaps to volume up which is really annoying.

> The trouble Matthew and I were having was to stimulate presses of more
> than one button in a sequence -- "SpeedDial" function was the only one
> I could find that was close, but this opens a new call appearance for
> the call rather than just playing the dtmf over the open one.

This would be wonderful if anyone could get this working.  The really
frustrating thing is that Polycom lists the "reprogramable buttons" as
one of their selling points.  Anyway, I have given up for now.

Matt