[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom IP501 and record on demand

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Oct 19 09:23:42 MST 2005

That is perfect for one-button remaps! I guess I migrated away from
one-button features in * but I see the light now.

The trouble Matthew and I were having was to stimulate presses of more
than one button in a sequence -- "SpeedDial" function was the only one I
could find that was close, but this opens a new call appearance for the
call rather than just playing the dtmf over the open one.

Moj

Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi Matthew -
>

>>>You could also take a look at features.conf, and use ** for blind
>>>transfers, ## for attended transfers, *0 for recording, and *1 to
>>>hangup.
>>>
>>>I haven't tried mapping them to polycom buttons, but there was
>>>recently a discussion about that, just this week you can search the
>>>archives.
>>
>>There was a discussion (of which I was a part of) however there was no
>>resolution.  I have not found any good documentation on how to remap
>>Polycom buttons.  At this point I'm willing to pay for some help.
>>Anybody got some better info on this?
>

> The best documentation I found is the Polycom manual.  It is fairly
> clear, though they don't provide a lot of examples.  Also, for some
> reason they put the button remapping documentation in one section of
> the manual and the button map in a completely different section.  A
> bit annoying.
>
> I've remapped the transfer key to "#", so I can do an asterisk
> unattended transfer using the transfer key.  To do this, I just added
> the following line to my ipmid.cfg (or sip.cfg if you are using
> firmware version 1.5.x or later):
>
> <keys key.scrolling.timeout="1"
> key.IP_500.37.function.prim="DialpadPound"
> key.IP_600.37.function.prim="DialpadPound"/>
>
> Thanks,
> Noah

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC