[Asterisk-Users] Caller-ID via database lookup

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Oct 19 09:31:03 MST 2005

O'Connor, Jonathan wrote:

>I have my Definity attached to my Asterisk box with a PRI Trunk.  The
>guides and seemingly most people say to use a tie type connection,
>however I did not get correct caller-id and setup until I:
>
>1) Set the trunk-group on the Definity to isdn
>2) Carrier/Medium to PRI
>3) Trunk group numbering format to Public

Thanks for the Info Jonathan,

I'll give that info to our Definity manager.  I should have been clearer
on our setup though.

The Definity that hooks up to our Asterisk box is a Definity G3R and I
am getting CIDNumber and CIDName.  The other Definity hooks up to the
first via a DCS link.  It's this linked Definity that I am having issues
with on CIDNumber.

Again,

Thanks for your input!

Doug