[Asterisk-Users] Agent recording and muxmon

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Oct 18 23:49:16 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>
>> I was wanting to use the new MuxMon application to record calls - it
>> seems to be a "nicer" way of recording than the Monitor application.
>

> It will be... but it is very, uh, 'experimental' at the moment. I have

Ahh. Read "interesting and unexepected phenomena"

> just spent the last two days rebuilding the core functionality it uses
> (also used by app_chanspy) and also rebuilding much of MuxMon. Once I
> get it tested tomorrow it will be going into the tree for further
> testing outside of my office :-)

Torrow your time I presume - it's today in the uk:). Will this be in
1.2, or is it a post 1.2 ?

>> However, there is a slight issue with agents - we use the recordcalls
>> option in agents.conf to record inbound agent calls - and I believe
>> from looking at the source code that is uses the monitor application.
>

> Applications that use the Monitor() functionality directly will take
> some work to convert over to the new method, but that will be possible
> once 1.2 is released and we can make incompatible changes again.

I don't understand why they would be incompatible changes - could you
not add a MuxMon facility as another option. e.g. in agents.conf:

RecordAgentCalls=no
MuxMonAgentCalls=yes

Many thanks.

Julian