[Asterisk-Users] Teliax IAX problems -- Asterisk doesn't see answer

Mark Musone mmusone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:27:48 MST 2005

this happend with me too.
they also switched me from iax to sip, which fixed the problem.
I called them back a few days ago to get more info and to see if i could
switch back to iax.
he said that they had narrowed it down to their ISP as being the cause of
the problems and that they were actively switching to another provider (in
fact, they just had). he said i should be able to switch back to iax now and
it would be fine. I switched back to iax and it was still a problem, so i'm
staying with SIP for now.
 the explanation he seemed to give me was that their sip and iax gateways
were on different isp's, so switching from iax to sip, protocolwise didnt
fix the problem, it just moved me to using the working provider.
 -Mark