[Asterisk-Users] Teliax IAX problems -- Asterisk doesn't see answer

Chris listmail at odisok.net
Tue Oct 18 17:04:59 MST 2005

    Try this

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Teliax

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rob Fugina
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 5:14 PM
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Teliax IAX problems -- Asterisk doesn't see answer

  Not to point the finger at Teliax, but I'm having some unique problems with their service that are as yet unexplained.

  Incoming calls are fine.

  Outgoing calls don't work, though they did at one time.  As of today, I'm running the latest code from CVS.

      -- Called teliax/13143212222
      -- Call accepted by 208.139.204.245 (format ulaw)
      -- Format for call is ulaw
      -- IAX2/teliax-18 is making progress passing it to IAX2/iay1-17
      -- Hungup 'IAX2/teliax-18'

  I can see from a tethereal network dump that Teliax is sending an ANSWER, but Asterisk never notices.  Teliax starts sending audio.  The callee gets audio.  The caller gets nothing.

  I can make the same call through Nufone, and it works fine.  Asterisk sees the ANSWER.

  But the network trace differs significantly between Nufone and Teliax.  With Nufone, I see RINGING, 'stop sounds', then ANSWER.  With Teliax, I don't see the RINGING frame or 'stop sounds' frame at all.

  I don't know enough about the IAX protocol to know where the real problem here is.  Can anyone help?  What other info can I provide that would help diagnose?

  Thanks,
  Rob

  To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: