SV: [Asterisk-Users] Queues and call waiting indication

jan.sarin at securia.se jan.sarin at securia.se
Tue Oct 18 05:35:35 MST 2005

Hi,

This issue has been discussed probably a million times on every asterisk forum in the world and I have the same problem too. Another problem you would have with the agents is that when they make an outgoing call they are not regarded as "busy" by asterisk and it sends more calls to the agent if it has call waiting enabled.

This behaviour is totally senseless since the whole purouse of queues is to _queue_ the callers until the agent is available. "available" usually means "not on the phone" -- whether or not it's an incoming or outgoing call.

I "solved" this problem by using single-line clients and phones where you can turn off call wating.

//Jan