[Asterisk-Users] Ask for config files of Nortell Meridian Op11 & Asterisk for PRI

Michael Toop michael at bizcall.co.za
Mon Oct 17 23:24:14 MST 2005

Hi,

 We have done it a little different...that said though, we have had
periods of weird things happening, like digits dropping, (we blame the
Nortel though!,  so not the gospel ;  ) :

 >>zaptata.conf<<
[channels]
    context=incoming
    switchtype=euroisdn
    pridialplan=local
    signalling=pri_net
    usecallerid=yes
    hidecallerid=no
    callwaiting=yes
    callwaitingcallerid=yes
    threewaycalling=yes
    transfer=yes
    cancallforward=yes
    echocancel=yes
    rxgain=0.0
    txgain=0.0
    immediate=no
    callprogress=no
    callerid=asreceived

    group=1
    callgroup=1
    pickupgroup=1
    channel => 1-15,17-31

 >>zaptel.conf<<

  loadzone = za
  defaultzone=za

   span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
   bchan=1-15
   dchan=16
   bchan=17-31

Anthony Rodgers wrote:

> Wow - I thought we were the only ones doing this. OK - here goes.
>
> Our zaptel.conf looks like this:
>
> span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
> bchan=1-23
> dchan=24
> #clear=1-24
> loadzone = us
> defaultzone=us
>
> Our zapata.conf looks like this:
>
> [trunkgroups]
>
> [channels]
>
> context=incoming
> switchtype=5ess
> usecallingpres=yes
> echocancel=128
> usecallerid=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> echotraining=yes
> echotraining=800
>
> rxgain=-4.0
> txgain=-6.0
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> signalling = pri_net
> channel => 1-23
>
> musiconhold=default
>
> OK. that's the easy part :-)
>
> On the Option 11C, there is a 9-page PDF on how to do it - I can send
> it direct if you send me your email addresses, to avoid sending it to
> the entire list.
>
> The only issue we face with the way we have it set up is that the
> Nortel won't send name and number for caller ID, only number - if we
> figure that out, I'll update the list. Of course, if anyone else
> already knows........ :-)
>
> Regards,

MICHAEL TOOP
Tel > 011 602 9300