[Asterisk-Users] Polycom MWI

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Mon Oct 17 21:28:24 MST 2005

I, myself would be happy if you could configure the DND button to send back
to the server, shall we say, more configurable options.  Instead of just
having it option to "indicate busy on DND active", it would be nice to
enlist another state, maybe still allow calls through (DND override) if a
specific alert-info indication were present.

I, myself, use Polycom 5xx-series phones throughout my home and office.  It
would be nice to hit that 'leave-me-alone-key' so no callers get through,
but I could still allow certain extensions or whitelisted Caller IDs get
through.

I know this can be done in the asterisk dialplan, but it defeats the purpose
of having that nearly useless, unreassignable DND button on the phone!

Take care, polycom config files become less scary the more you read through
em!

Chris Coulthurst
chris at shuksan.com