[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk "proxy" a SIP phone to make it look like a Cisco skinny softphone?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Mon Oct 17 15:53:24 MST 2005

Tom Rymes wrote:

> Why don't you connect to Cisco via Chan_sccp and use a soft or
> hardphone to connect to asterisk. Like this:
>
> Cisco<-----(chan_sccp)----->asterisk<-----(SIP)----->Your phone
>
> Just a thought.

Do you mean "Cisco" as the actual phone - instead of the CallManager? I
would need to get the SEP* value/etc for all the phones I wanted to call
wouldn't I?

I was more hoping for:

Cisco Phone <- [skinny] -> Cisco Call Manager <-- [skinny] --> Asterisk
<-- [sip] --> SIP Phone

Where the Cisco CM thought Asterisk was an end-device instead of a trunk.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417