[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 06:37:11 MST 2005

Hi,

I wish to set up a simple network of about 20 SIP phones. This will be
a stand alone VoIP network, without any links to the internet or
standard PSTN networks.
For SIP phones to work, one needs a SIP server so I thought that
Asterisk might be a good choice.
Does anyone have a list of SIP IP phones that have been tested with
Asterisk and known to work reliably?
Also, when making a SIP call, does the voice bearer also pass through
Asterisk, or is it just the SIP call setup that passes through
Asterisk?
If the voice bearer passes through the Asterisk box, is it possible to
record every voice call?

James