[Asterisk-Users] Cannot telnet to port 5038 on asterisk

Obelix asterisklists at adontendev.net
Mon Oct 17 02:08:38 MST 2005

Quoting Chuck Bunn <chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com>:

Check your firewall configuration. New versions of Linux come with tighter
default firewall configurations.

Check these notes from Redhat to see what processes if any are listening on the
relevant ports.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/security-guide/s1-server-ports.html

Is your manager.conf properly configured? ;-)