[Asterisk-Users] Restricting registration for peer '611' to 60 seconds (requested 1200)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Oct 16 17:57:09 MST 2005

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> Ok, ok, ....

Thanks :-)

> Combining our findings now:  It seems that firefly wants to register
> every 1200 seconds, but iax.conf only allows 60. How can I stop this
> warning message?

Asterisk has never defaulted to allowing IAX2 registrations longer than
60 seconds, but previously it did not say anything when it was limiting
the expiration period.

You have two choices: reconfigure your softphone to only request a 60
second expiration interval, or reconfigure Asterisk to allow longer
registrations. There is no direct way to make the message go away
without reconfiguring one end or the other.