[Asterisk-Users] Restricting registration for peer '611' to 60 seconds (requested 1200)

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sun Oct 16 17:39:52 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
>
>> I have never noticed the message prior my upgrade of CVS head:
>>
>> chan_iax2.c:5589 update_registry: Restricting registration for peer
>> '611' to 60 seconds (requested 1200)
>>

>> What does it mean, and how can I fix it?  611 is a firefly soft phone.
>

> Good grief, how much more clear and obvious could that message be?
>
> If you are going to run CVS HEAD, then you need to pay attention to
> the changes that happen there, by whatever means you feel is
> appropriate (primarily the asterisk-cvs mailing list). This is a
> completely unimportant and informational only change, that results in
> the _EXACT_ same behavior that Asterisk has always had, but now it
> generate a log message when it happens. The changes are also
> documented in the sample iax2.conf file, since that is the only place
> it was needed, seeing that it is a completely backwards compatible
> change.
>
> In other words: since the message was not listed as an ERROR or
> WARNING (only NOTICE), there is nothing to fix.

Ok, ok, ....

It is not an error, it is a warning.
It is mentioned in iax.conf:

; Minimum and maximum amounts of time that IAX peers can request as
; a registration expiration interval (in seconds).
; minregexpire = 60
; maxregexpire = 60

Since a leading ";" it seems to be default!

Reading my original post, it says: "611 is a firefly soft phone."

Combining our findings now:  It seems that firefly wants to register
every 1200 seconds, but iax.conf only allows 60. How can I stop this
warning message?

BTW, we use the term iax2, but we still have a iax.conf. Should that not
be at a future point of time be the same?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger