[Asterisk-Users] Restricting registration for peer '611' to 60 seconds (requested 1200)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Oct 16 16:42:50 MST 2005

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I have never noticed the message prior my upgrade of CVS head:
>
> chan_iax2.c:5589 update_registry: Restricting registration for peer
> '611' to 60 seconds (requested 1200)
>

> What does it mean, and how can I fix it?  611 is a firefly soft phone.

Good grief, how much more clear and obvious could that message be?

If you are going to run CVS HEAD, then you need to pay attention to the
changes that happen there, by whatever means you feel is appropriate
(primarily the asterisk-cvs mailing list). This is a completely
unimportant and informational only change, that results in the _EXACT_
same behavior that Asterisk has always had, but now it generate a log
message when it happens. The changes are also documented in the sample
iax2.conf file, since that is the only place it was needed, seeing that
it is a completely backwards compatible change.

In other words: since the message was not listed as an ERROR or WARNING
(only NOTICE), there is nothing to fix.