[Asterisk-Users] No Audio from Console but mpg123 from shellworksfine.

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Sun Oct 16 13:51:27 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Tzafrir
Cohen
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 2:59 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] No Audio from Console but mpg123 from
shellworksfine.

>One possibility is that the volume is set to 0. aumix can be handy
here.

Does asterisk have a volume control? Like I said Asterisk is the only
thing not playing.

>Try simpler things, like playing wav files with 'play' of sox.

Asterisk won't play anything to the cli console but anything else on the
box can play fine.

>Do you use ALSA or OSS for sound? What kernel version?

ALSA. I used alsactl to reset the mixer controls as it was muted by
default. I'm running CentOS 4.1, I don't remember the kernel version
right off and I don't have access to that box here, I'll check it from
work tomorrow.