[Asterisk-Users] Looking for advanced consultant services

Leon Sun leon at timestelecom.ca
Sun Oct 16 13:24:07 MST 2005

Hi, there,

At least, Ser + proxy (I gave Asterisk up) can do large scale for sure by
multi proxy server applied. We can let each proxy server to handle 60-70
calls at same time because it's limited by 100M NIC (150k/s of a 2ways
G711U,) amd hundreds calls of g729. Basiclly, more calls, more servers
applied. By using DNS SRV, you can configure as many servers as you like.

To make our customer happy with voice and fax, we are using G729 as primary
codec for sip call. Low end computer is enough for media proxy. To handle
those G711 calls, P3 server(single or dual CPU) is enough and is very
cheaper from ebay. At our each sites, we are going to use few Dual PIII
1.1-1.4G server as local media proxy servers.

SER is a proxy and it should handle huge SIP traffic if you don't take too
many database actions (real time charge and billing, complicated
application, etc. for each call). My idea is just to make ser as easy as a
regular SIP proxy.

Regards

Leon Sun

  _____