[Asterisk-Users] What would cause a high memory usage in pbx_spool.c ?

Walter Klomp walter at aglow.com.sg
Sun Oct 16 06:18:56 MST 2005

Hi,

It may have been fixed, but then it doesn't run for more than a few seconds :-)

Tried to update to CVS from just now (2005-10-16 +0800), and my asterisk now dies a few seconds after starting up with:
Ouch ... error while writing audio data: (Segmentation fault)

Even a completely clean install did not help. Apparently without the addons it seems to run longer, but my sip and iax peers are running off mysql, so can't really do without.

What I did notice during the time it was running (before it segfaults) and I did a show memory summary pbx_spool.c did not show up at all.

Isn't that weird?

Anyway to troubleshoot this segfault? Normally I would see it right after a module is loaded, but it now happens anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds after asterisk loads.

Any help appreciated.

Walter.