[Asterisk-Users] Busy not jumping n + 101 anymore

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Oct 15 14:26:03 MST 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 16:18, brett at websmyths.com wrote:
> Well - number 1 - it IS - CVS HEAD.

Agreed.

> Next - I always run "make samples".  In the /etc/asterisk/ directory it
> renames all your old config files that have changed to *.old.
>
> So long as you don't stop and restart Asterisk - its fine.  Just diff the
> two files and you get to see the differences.

A diff over my config files and the samples would be useless.  Better to just
read over the samples to see if there's anything obvious.

HOWEVER.  There's a changelog that should have this data in it, and the CVS
logs should also have it, but more importantly, the upgrade.txt should have
had this.  It's just an oversight, one that I hope Digium'll fix shortly.

> It's called system administration.  One day I'll set it up with a
> script, but right now it isn't bad or too much work.  But I do update
> almost everyday.

Nice passive-agressive attack there.  System administration has nothing to do
with what making samples and diff'ing.  Keeping a log of changes you've
made... now that is indicative of good administration.

-A.