[Asterisk-Users] Busy not jumping n + 101 anymore

Jeremy Gault jgault at winworld.cc
Fri Oct 14 13:22:52 MST 2005

brett at websmyths.com wrote:

>On 10/14/2005, "William M. Sandiford" <wsandiford at DURHAMTELECOM.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Ever since this upgrade, the system is jumping n+101 if it gets a busy
>>on a Dial command, it is now proceeding to the next priority (n+1)
>>
>>Has something changed with this?  Is there a way to change it back?
>>

>So glad to see you read the documentation...
>
>Try scanning UPGRADE.txt
>
>A lot has changed.

We've had the same problem here ever since we upgraded to CVS-HEAD.
When someone placed a call to a number that was busy, they would just
receive the "call cannot be completed" recording we have setup at n+1.

Not to sound nitpicky or hateful, but I just reviewed UPGRADE.txt again
here and I don't see anything about it.  If it is in there, could you
please point it out to me?  (Seriously, as I didn't see it.)  If it
isn't, someone with CVS access should probably add it in.

Now, I will say that I'm assuming (from the new behavior and the "show
application dial" output) that one should now be using the ${DIALSTATUS}
variable to handle these conditions.  (i.e. from your dial, make n+1 be a
Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS}) command, and create s-BUSY, s-CONGESTION, etc. in
the same context.)  Once I get around to updating our dialplans, that's
what I plan on doing.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  *dons asbestos armor, just in
case*

          Jeremy

--
Jeremy Gault, KD4NED    <jgault at winworld.cc>
Network Administrator, WinWorld Corporation

Want a free GMail invite?  E-Mail me and let me know!