[Asterisk-Users] Incoming call problem - ringing SIP devices report busy

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Fri Oct 14 03:57:27 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have 12 SIP phones at a particular site all connected to a local asterisk
server. It's in turn connected to 2 ISDN BRIs to provide up to 4 incoming
calls. An IAX gateway is used for outbound calls. At the moment, when an
incoming call comes in, asterisk dials every SIP phone like so:
Dial (SIP/1&SIP/2&etc.)
This has worked fine for some months, but I noticed a few days ago that if 2
calls come in only a second or two apart, the first one will cause the dial
command to be executed, and when the second call comes in, it'll go to
voicemail because *all* the SIP phones report themselves as busy (because
they're ringing for the first call).

Is there any way around this problem whilst keeping the same incoming call
behaviour (i.e. call comes in, all phones ring)? It's vitally important that
asterisk does *not* answer the incoming call until the call has actually
been connected to a SIP phone (or voicemail).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris