[Asterisk-Users] Re: SIP behind NAT to pub Asterisk, best solution?

Alchaemist info at lnet.com.ar
Thu Oct 13 13:14:10 MST 2005

Hi,

        The VERY BEST solution, is AIX... SIP + NAT tends to be lousy... For softphone you can try the simplest one, DIAX, it is extremely basic, but does a good job.

        Now... If SIP is a must, then it really depends a lot on the NAT you have there.. the best way to do it is using qualify=yes and nat=yes in the config for your extensions, and even better if you can forward a fixed SIP and RTP port to the inner IP of the phone.

        You have all the info in www.voip-info.org
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+SIP+NAT+solutions

        Cheers!
Alchaemist
  "Blake Krone" <blakekrone at gmail.com> wrote in message news:f4b795bf0510121131p67726b49rdf1001621335973b at mail.gmail.com...
  What is the  best solution? I dont want to have modify firewall's at all or do port fowarding. Ideally I would like a solution that with either a softphone or wireless hardphone one could connect via friends, family, or hotspots without reconfiguring their devices.

  What are people using? STUN? SER?

  Thanks in advance!

  -blake