[Asterisk-Users] Which asterisk-friendly cards are fax-capable?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Oct 13 06:24:55 MST 2005

Craig Guy wrote:

> I have downloaded iaxmodem and gone through the readme but not yet
> installed it.  I currently use rxfax to receive in the vicinity of
> 1200 faxes per day and 5000 or more pages (faxes vary from single page
> to 30 pages) per E1, with a peak load of about 12 concurrent inbound
> faxes to rxfax.  Best I can tell my failure rate is about 0.8%.  I
> have been testing using Hylafax for faxout with an 8 port analog fax
> modem card and a couple PAP2NA's and this works well, but I am very
> much looking forward to checking out iaxmodem. Especially if using
> Hylafax will give me ECM.

No. No. This can't be right. We've been hearing authoritative statements
on this mailing list that soft modems can't possibly work. :-)

I have no clear idea how many people actually use my software for fairly
high volumes. There are now clearly many thousands successfully using it
for modest levels of faxing. I have heard from a few people doing rather
higher volumes than you. Other people have problem - I mean genuine
problems, rather than the frame slips issues. I don't get enough
feedback to really work out what it going on with those troublesome
installations.

Regards,
Steve