[Asterisk-Users] ACD/queues question

Lorenzo Emilitri lenz-ml at loway.it
Thu Oct 13 00:24:58 MST 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:39:06 +0200, Tom Rymes <trymes at rymesheating.com>
wrote:

> What we have done is to set up a single queue that all calls come into.
> For the agents that we want to be our "Front Line" (i.e.: Customer
> Service Reps), we give them a penalty of 0. Our "Overflow" group (i.e.:
> Customer service reps who are also dealing with walk-in customers and
> therefore should not be bothered unless we're really busy) gets a
> penalty of 1, and our "Last Resort" (i.e.: Everyone else) people get a
> penalty of 2.
>
> That way, all of the calls are answered by our front line people, unless
> they are all busy/unavailable. Then, and only then, the calls start
> going to our overflow people, and if they are also all unavailable, the
> calls go to our last resort people. Seeing as how we have more than 23
> people between the three groups, there should technically be no waiting
> on hold in the queue, even with the PRI saturated.
>
> I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but it works extremely
> well for us. To whomever coded this feature, THANK YOU!

As QM supports per service group call flow analysis, I have helped a
number of call centers worldwide in setting up this feature together with
the adoption of QM and I can say everybody was quite satisfied with it, as
much as you can put up with the added problems of running the Agents
module.
l.

--
Loway Research - Home of QueueMetrics