[Asterisk-Users] Wanting to Make a PocketPC have a secureConnection to asterisk server

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Oct 13 00:21:03 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 08:16 +0100, Steve Daniels wrote:
> VPN?
> IAX and an SSH Tunnel?
>
>         Does anyone know of a good solution to create a secure
>         (encrypted) connection from a pocketpc (IPAQ 6515 in my case)
>         to an asterisk server?

Pocket pc supports VPNs natively.  No additional software required,
assuming you have something on the server that can talk to it.  What
that is specifically I dont know but perhaps google can tell you what
vpn solutions work with the pocket pc.

Its not going to be totally secure, with crypto the questions to answer
is 'secure from whom and for how long'.  Odds are it will be secure
enough for the types of data you would have and the types of people that
would likely be in a position to eavesdrop.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378