[Asterisk-Users] Re: Modifying cmd VoicemailMain

FELIX E SKOWRONEK fnskoloh at msn.com
Wed Oct 12 20:01:55 MST 2005

I have also been looking for a way to customize voicemail (I want to add a
"pause" feature and change the promps).  I have come to the same conclusions
as to where to do it, but have not yet created a solution.  I have found
this posting/forum which gives insight into modifying the "app_voicemail.c"
file but does not directly address our issues, it's good info however:

http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_2952.html

Something tells me it will be a combination of modification, agi and
dialplan.

There is also another person with the similar goals here:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1363794&forum_id=420324

If you examine the app_voicemail.c file it refers to these links/people who
contributed to different language translations and additions:

* 12-16 - 2005 : Support for Greek added by InAccess Networks (work funded
by HOL, www.hol.gr)
*				 George Konstantoulakis <gkon at inaccessnetworks.com>
* 05-10 - 2005 : Support for Swedish and Norwegian added by Daniel Nylander,
http://www.danielnylander.se/
*
* 05-11 - 2005 : An option for maximum number of messsages per mailbox added
by GDS Partners (www.gdspartners.com)
*				 Stojan Sljivic <stojan.sljivic at gdspartners.com>
*
* 07-11 - 2005 : An issue with voicemail synchronization has been fixed by
GDS Partners (www.gdspartners.com)
*				 Stojan Sljivic <stojan.sljivic at gdspartners.com>

And of course there is markster at digium.com (I'm not ready to bother him yet,
although someone willing to spearhead a Japanese translation project might
get some attention or at least a reference).

I would love to hear about anyone's success in this area! And I will be sure
to post my progress in these threads.