[Asterisk-Users] Which asterisk-friendly cards are fax-capable?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Oct 12 16:32:47 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 19:19 -0400, Tom Rymes wrote:
> > Would that not solve in the short term all of those issues or am I
> > missing something?
>
> Well, I can redirect a DID to it, but I have no fax traffic going to
> that DID, and I am still reluctant to install "developer-grade" code
> on my production asterisk server.

The idea of redirecting an unused did is so that you can develop your
test cases then see if the code works how you expected it.  I would hope
that you wouldnt have any real traffic aside from your test cases :)

As for development code, I can understand that, and is actually a good
practice to only use stable stuff...  However remember that it is open
source and often it stays in development much longer than most companies
selling a product keep code in the dev stages.  This is because its not
being sold so there isnt market pressure to make it 'stable'.  Far too
often commercial products (not all but enough) release 'stable' products
that are far from it, infact they act more like they are in the final
beta stages ...

Perhaps Lee can comment on exactly how 'development grade' it really is,
perhaps even cite some test cases where people have used it on larger
scale operations (ie larger than a home users 1-2 times a month or
less).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378