[Asterisk-Users] Multiple IAX listeners?

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 06:35:19 MST 2005

> My question is, will this support more than 1 simultaneous connection from
> the same outside IP address, or will only one soft phone function?
>
> or, put another way:
>
> Can multiple soft phones (running on separate computers) be used
> simultaneously from the same outside IP address?

I've successfully tested the following scenario :
- 3 IAX softphones on 3 different computers all on the same LAN
- this LAN was behind a router, which was behind a router, which was
behind a router, which was connected to the internet
- Asterisk was behind a router with port 4569 forwarded to it

so it would look like this :
3 IAX phones --> router --> router --> router --> Internet --> router
-> Asterisk

each phone could call each-other, could call Asterisk, Asterisk could
call each phone

So, the answer is a definite YES

After this test, I was totally sold on IAX and forgot completely about
SIP, except for local LAN

hth