[Asterisk-Users] Which asterisk-friendly cards are fax-capable?

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Wed Oct 12 15:18:34 MST 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Lee Howard wrote:

> Tom Rymes wrote:
>

>> (I would like to be able to receive faxes reliably
>> over our PRI)
>>
>> Until then, however, I still recommend HylaFAX.
>
> If your PRI comes in to a TE405P or somesuch then you can pass fax
> DIDs out through another port on the TE405P and out to a T1
> faxmodem (such as a Patton 2977) or a T1 channel bank and then to
> analog modems.

Good call, Lee. Unfortunately, we only have a single port Sangoma
card in our asterisk server. In order to do what you suggest, I would
have to buy a dual port card and a channel bank or T1 modem. Thats
more $$$ than is warranted by our fax traffic.

Also, given reports of problems related to frame-slippage and other
weirdness encountered when sending data/fax through Asterisk, I'm
reluctant to invest that money. Have you tried this setup yourself?

Tom