[Asterisk-Users] Modifying cmd VoicemailMain

Nathan E. Pralle tarsi at binhost.com
Wed Oct 12 05:55:02 MST 2005

> 1) Add words used in message retrieving guidance.
> I need to add different suffixes to numeric words due to Japanese way of
> mentioning time. (e.g. in English, you can say "Five forty-five" for 5:45,
> but in Japanese, we have to put "hour" and "minute" for respective time
> unit (meaning, VoicemailMain should pronounce as "Five hours and forty-five
> minutes" in Japanese). So, is there any way to add words modifying the
> regular word order?

You would have to edit the actual Asterisk source code and add in Japanese
cases for all of the places where it chooses how to say each language.
(Asterisk can say prompts in any language, but I don't think it has Japanese
yet.)  It'd be a  custom job.

> 2) Disable most of the key function guidance for retrieving the message.
> I don't want too much function guidance of VoicemailMain saying such as "3
> for advanced options" and the like. I just want to hear just a few
> important keys to press. So, is there any way I can separately disable
> guidance for each key functions

Same idea as above.

Not tough if you're a C coder, but definately not a matter of a few flicks of
a switch.

Nathan