[Asterisk-Users] Question on hardware requirements when not using a land-line

Zadikem, Travis tzadikem at picosecond.com
Tue Oct 11 14:59:00 MST 2005

Hello all.  I am new to Asterisk as well as this group so please excuse me for a bit as I learn the
ropes of Asterisk.  Anyway,  I currently am using a pap2-na adapter with Teliax and Mesa Networks (my isp) and
was wondering what I will need to get Asterisk running correctly.  I am wondering what I will need in the machine besides
a NIC card to handle my home traffic.  I have only 3 phones in the house and am disconnected from the public
network (qwest) all together.  I will be using VOIP for both incoming and outgoing, but need the asterisk side
of things so that I can do digit translation (911 to our local emergency station).  Please help.

Thanks,
Travis