[Asterisk-Users] country code list

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Tue Oct 11 01:34:31 MST 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 10:12:58PM -0700, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has put together a comprehensive list (that is
> reasonably maintained) that lists country codes, landline numbers,
> mobile numbers, etc.  The particular requirement is for a dialplan to
> know what is going to be charged to whom.
> For example, mobile and landline rates are the same in the US the US has
> a unified numbering plan of 1NXXNXXXXXX, while the UK has:
> 441xxx geographic based landline
> 442xxx geographic based landline
> 443xx reserved

Actually 443 is now a new geographic range

> 444xx reserved
> 445xx corp and voip
> 446xx reserved
> 447xx pagers, personal etc

447 is mobile, personal, some pagers etc.

> 448xx national rate, local rate, freephone, some mobile, blah

44800 is freephone

there is an on-going discussion whether 4487 numbers (or at least some)
should go into premium rate.

> 449xx premium services
>
> Although I dont see something that states what a valid number actually
> is.  So idealy to avoid getting charged a higher rate I would want to
> limit all calls to the UK to region codes starting with a 1 or 2
> (although from what I have seen most of the 2x is 20 for london).

There are other areas too covered by 2.

Also you have to know who's terminating it. You can make an assumption
re BT termination, but directly connected businesses may use another
telco with different termination rates etc.

A lot of UK telco's have difficulty pricing UK termination because of
this (or risk taking a hit if they get it wrong).

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype / In  stevekennedyuk / UK +442088167166 / US +13106518226