[Asterisk-Users] Billing/SPA-841/CDR Log

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Oct 10 20:33:47 MST 2005

On 10/10/05 22:30 Waldo Rubinstein said the following:
> 1) When are asterisk CDR logs _normally_ generated? When the call
> arrives, when the call hangs up, or both? I have looked at the  records

when the call hangs up.

> certain calls, I was thinking of doing something with FastAGI so  that
> only when certain calls terminate, I would write my custom CDR.

you could use the cdr_custom module in CVS head. additionally, asterisk
stores cdrs in Master.csv (all calls) as well as separate files based on
account code. you could define a specific account code and only parse that
file.

> customer is able to, potentially, establish 4  simultaneous calls and
> I'm only billing for one account. Is there a  way to restrict the
> SPA-841 from Asterisk so that I don't depend on  Line 2 being disabled
> on the SPA-841 (which the client could always  change)?

even if there's one account but 4 calls being made, you'd still see the cdr
for all 4 calls. bill according to that.

> 4) Because this (item 3) has already happened to me, is there any  free
> tool out there that will allow me to parse the CDR logs in order  to
> determine the maximum number of simultaneous calls that a  particular

you could limit simultaneous calls using the SetGroup() application. see
voip-info.org wiki.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/