[Asterisk-Users] sip register incoming call contexts?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Oct 10 19:51:58 MST 2005

> OK, I'm starting to get somwhere with this, I'm at least registering now..
> however My inbound calls are still coming into the context defined
> in [general] of sip.conf and not into the context I have defined
> in my peer and extensions.conf
>
> Here is what I have done:
>
> IN sip.conf:
>
> register => nnnnnnn:ppppppp at ptest
> ;also tried register => 2484987171:mDTP5COIHEC at ptest/s

The above statement with /s is not doing what you think it is. That
statement would essentially tell your provider to dial "s" at your
site for incoming calls, and their isn't such a thing as s.

The register statement without the "s" (as in ... at ptest) will have
your provider send calls to you with "no digits dialed" by them.

When a call comes into your machine with "no digits dialed", the
exten => s part of your dialplan will be executed. The "s" extension
is a special case matching no dialed digits. You can't force it by
registering with a /s at the end.

> exten => s,1,answer
> exten => s,2,wait(1)
> exten => s,3,Playback(testaudiofile)
> exten => s,4,wait(1)
> exten => s,5,hangup

Verify that your register statement is doing what you expect by
doing a 'sip show registry'.