[Asterisk-Users] sip register incoming call contexts?

Steve Gladden Asterisk at MichiganBroadband.com
Mon Oct 10 09:57:56 MST 2005

Thank you for your reply and your help.
I am still confused here and apologize.
To some degree I still do not know what I am doing.

We use 2 ITSP's and one of them we have multiple SIP accounts
on so I will not be able to do this by IP address.

For incoming calls we use a register line in the [general]
section of sip.conf like: register => nnnnnnn:ppppp at sip.provider.net

We do not have an 'itsp section' for incoming calls.

incoming calls come into the context defined in the general section
of sip.conf.

This is how we learned how to do it from the documentation

my understanding is that anything else that involves sections like

[itsp-provider out]
yada=
yada=
yada=
-or-
[itsp-provider-in]
yada=
yada=
yada=

Works for permanent non-registered types of connections.

I've experimented with trying to put register lines within anything else
other than [general] in sip.conf and it does not work
and causes a busy signal for an incoming caller.

My further under(possibly-mis)undertanding is that with our type
of itsp (sip) it requires us to register for incoming calls,
and there may be no other way to accept incoming calls from our
ITSP,

It also seems that register lines only work in the [general] section
of sip.conf which only allows me to define one single incoming context
 is this correct?

So the matching by IP address is interesting but confusing and may not
apply to what I am trying to do.

I will not be able to match by ip with seeveral incoing sip (phone numbers)
that I would like to come into their own context but come from the same IP
address.

Thanks!!

Steve