[Asterisk-Users] Open Source Content Management System - Joomla

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Mon Oct 10 08:10:59 MST 2005

There was some discussion in the past about which one is the best
Content Management System that can be used in conjunction with Asterisk.
Mambo was supposed to be the best out there under GPL. The guys who
developed Mambo have a new product now - Joomla. I am using this and it
appears to be better than Mambo in many respects. Read the gist about
Joomla below.

-------------
If you've read anything at all about Content Management Systems (CMS),
you'll probably know at least three things: CMS are the most exciting
way to do business, CMS can be really, I mean really, complicated and
lastly Portals are absolutely, outrageously, often unaffordably
expensive.

Joomla! is set to change all that ... Joomla! is different from the
normal models for portal software. For a start, it's not complicated.
Joomla! has been developed for the masses. It's licensed under the
GNU/GPL license, easy to install and administer and reliable. Joomla!
doesn't even require the user or administrator of the system to know
HTML to operate it once it's up and running.

http://www.joomla.org/

Seshu Kanuri