[Asterisk-Users] sip register incoming call contexts?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Oct 10 08:25:54 MST 2005

> Sorry this is a bit of a newbie question, I've been at this for a few
> months and still have not quite figured this one out.
>

> I've been able to setup one itsp (incoming calls) (sip account) with a
> register line like this:
>
> register => nnnnnnn:ppppp at sip.provider.net
>
> -or-
>
> register => nnnnnnn:ppppp at sip.provider.net/nnn
> to come directly into an extension in the dialplan
>

> It seems that this only works with the default context in the dialplan.
>

> I have another sip account from another provider that I would like
> all of it's incoming calls to come into the s, extension of
> a new context but I have been unable to figure out
> how to bring calls from a register line into an alternate context.
>
> It seems that register lines are limited to only being used in the
> general section of sip.conf and you are limited to one context=
> statement there.
>
> Is there a way to register a second account and have it's calls come into
> another context in the dialplan?
>
> register lines only seem to work in [general] and it seems like you
> are limited to only one inbound context here.
>
> I would like the two inbound call accounts to be 'isolated' from each other
> and not have to come in on the same incoming context in the dialplan.
>
> I'd also like to be able to have them have their own contexts with thier
> own s, (start) extension available.

Try using something like:
 deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
 permit=147.135.8.129/255.255.255.0
 permit=147.135.0.129/255.255.255.0
 permit=147.135.4.128/255.255.255.0

in each sip.conf itsp definition to limit which contexts will match.
Obviously, replace the above permit's IP addresses with the correct
ones for your provider.