[Asterisk-Users] sip register incoming call contexts?

Steve Gladden Asterisk at MichiganBroadband.com
Mon Oct 10 06:56:32 MST 2005

Sorry this is a bit of a newbie question, I've been at this for a few
months and still have not quite figured this one out.

I've been able to setup one itsp (incoming calls) (sip account) with a
register line like this:

register => nnnnnnn:ppppp at sip.provider.net

-or-

register => nnnnnnn:ppppp at sip.provider.net/nnn
to come directly into an extension in the dialplan

It seems that this only works with the default context in the dialplan.

I have another sip account from another provider that I would like
all of it's incoming calls to come into the s, extension of
a new context but I have been unable to figure out
how to bring calls from a register line into an alternate context.

It seems that register lines are limited to only being used in the
general section of sip.conf and you are limited to one context=
statement there.

Is there a way to register a second account and have it's calls come into
another context in the dialplan?

register lines only seem to work in [general] and it seems like you
are limited to only one inbound context here.

I would like the two inbound call accounts to be 'isolated' from each other
and not have to come in on the same incoming context in the dialplan.

I'd also like to be able to have them have their own contexts with thier
own s, (start) extension available.

Thanks!

Steve